Sunday 9 November 2014



An interview with Adrain Rides and John Flaherty 
Addiction and Awakening 





John is author of the book, 'Addiction Unplugged - How To Be Free' and has worked in the field of addiction for 25 years. He was previously a Catholic Priest but left when he was 35, having felt he had handed his life over to the Church. At this point he felt physically, mentally and emotionally drained and he knew it was time to move on. 

Adrian started drinking heavily at an early age to avoid feelings of intense anxiety and reached the point where his marriage had broken down and he was in a deep depression. He discovered meditation and his life started to change. Shortly afterwards he had an experience:

'I realised that now is all that there is and that the past and future were simply torments of my mind. I realised that I was alive, that my aliveness was not separate from the aliveness in everything, I realised that I was life itself and that I had found myself.' 

Adrian also works in the field of addiction and teaches mindfulness in London. 

You can read more about Adrian's work through his website at www.lovelifelivenow.com and to read more on John and his work, you can visit www.beawarebealive.com

 Iain McNay's complete interview with Adrian Rides and John Flaherty can be viewed via this link 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment